I had to share this low-fat bran muffin recipe with you! It’s an old recipe that I have recently started using again. These muffins serve as the perfect snack and will help to keep your blood glucose levels constant between meals.
1 ¼ cup flour
½ cup of sugar
1 TBS baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 cups of Bran flakes
1 ¼ cups low fat/fat-free milk
2 egg whites
¼ cup vegetable oil (you can substitute this for ¼ cup applesauce)
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Bran flakes and milk. Let stand for about 2 minutes or until cereal softens
- Add egg and oil. Beat well
- Add flour mixture, stirring until combined.
- Portion evenly into twelve muffin pan cups
- Bake at 180 for about 20 minutes or until golden brown
Get creative and mix in some chopped nuts, dried fruit, banana or grated carrot.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!